Posts Tagged ‘Safety’
Today, nearly all hotel chains are offering high-tech keycards to ensure hotel security. The guests can easily access to their room without any fear. Other people can't enter in your room in your absence.
These cards are rectangular in shape. These are like smart card with keychain to hold key of the room. These are light in weight and are handy for the people. The hotel keycards give hotel managers and hotel owner innovative way of ensuring safety. These cards with some different features are also used in hospitals, colleges, government offices, corporate offices, schools, etc. The cards with badges wage higher level of security and privacy to the groups. However, these cards are very effective to ensure hotel security.
The Plastic cards have attractable strip inside containing electronically formatted information.
Personal information of guest can be entered in the card. The information can be easily formatted. Hotel staffs can easily change the information whenever a new guest arrives and checks in the room. The task of re-issuing the cards to guests is assigned to the front desk staffs. These cards come in various designs and colors.
Guests should not worry in the event they lose the card. They can access the room by getting new keycard of the room. The hotel will issue new card to you after providing the basic information about yourself which you gave at the time of checking in the hotel. They will issue you card after verifying your information. Thus, Hotel keycards are really for the security of the hotel.
Apart from ensuring hotel security, these cards are individual friendly and reliable. Many companies are making these cards. There are many card making and card designing companies. Ask one of the reliable companies to make and deign hotel keycards for your hotel. You should also take card reader to read the information of the card. You can invite more guests to your hotel by providing secure stay in the hotel. Guests will feel free to stay in your hotel. They will not worry about leaving valuable items in your hotel when going out for some purposes. There is no fear of theft in the mind of the guests. They can even leave hard cash and precious jewelry without any tension. By providing keycards, your profit will surely increase as more guests will stay in your hotel.
More Hotel Articles
Traveling should be fun. Staying innocuous takes tiny effort – so follow these 16 tips:
1. Travel with a friend or group. The saying, “there is country in numbers,” is certainly true.
2. Get good directions and have an excellent map. One of the larger print ones is my favorite.
3. Make sure your map is new. Old maps carry outdated information.
4. Plan your route and let your friends/family at home know where you are going.
5. Check in frequently by phone. If you don’t have a cell phone – then buy a pay as you go phone to carry. They are around and well worth the money.
6. Do not discuss your route with strangers. And be very cautious around strangers who seem overly friendly.
7. If you feel suspicious (about anyone or anything), then go with your gut instinct – get away from the situation as fast as you.
If you get lost, then stop at an open business and get directions. Do not ask just anyone you meet on a street. Do not appear lost.
9. Stay on main streets (when you can) that are well lit.
10. Carry traveler’s checks or credit cards. Try to carry as tiny cash as possible.
11. Keep important papers at home. Carry only duplicates when you can. If you must carry these papers, keep them locked up in the hotel/motel safe.
12. After you check into your room, find the most direct escape routes in case of fire (or other major disasters).
13. Always keep your door locked in your motel/hotel room.
14. Take a small tissue and stuff it into the peephole. You can remove it if you wish to see out, and it will keep others from looking in.
15. If someone is outside your door and you do not know who they are – do not open your door.
If they preserve outside your door – call motel/hotel security.
16. Do not stay on the ground floor. Especially if you are alone.
India is an one-of-a-kind blend of modernization and age old traditions. So, if you are planning for a pass in the myriad land of India, than you must gather some travel tips before stepping here.
Unlike the Western countries, India is not a liberal country. Indians give respects and religiously follow their age old traditions. So, its very important to maintain social rules and regulations for traveler, if he or she wants to experience an enriching and comfortable holiday in India.
Some important and country travel tips that a traveler must keep in mind while traveling to India are:-
1.Before entering to a tourist destination in India, a traveler must be aware of the all local laws and customs prevailing in that region. This will help the traveler to enjoy a chaos free vacation.
2.To enjoy a hassle free pass in India, it is important to always keep in touch with your contacts back home and in India and regularly informed them about your whereabouts and activities.
3.Never disclose any important individualized matters and travel plans to any stranger while holidaying in India.
4.Always keep the attested Photostat duplicates of your travel documents with you while stow away the originals in some innocuous place.
5.If you are planning to visit some restricted areas of India such as Arunachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir, you must procure the requisite permit from an India Tourist Office.
You might ask your travel operator’s for hold the permission.
6.While traveling in India, try to hire cabs or taxis from credible travel operators or organisation such as Tourism-of-India Tour Operator. It will help you to refrain any problematic situation.
Don’t seek advice of the taxi drivers for accommodation. It will be superior if you hold your accommodation prior to your trip.
8.After check-in to the hotel, submit important documents like passports, return tickets and valuables like jewelry etc to the hotel’s innocuous deposit box.
9.To refrain incident of pick pocketing, always keep your notecase inside the crown pocket or side trouser pocket. Don’t carry massive amount of cash with you.
10.Beside hotel staffs, if any stranger comes to your room than don’t open the door. In case of any suspicion, immediately call the hotel reception.
11. Apart from hotel’s bell staff , don’t hand over your luggage to any other person. Always collect receipt for stored luggage. Never leave your luggage unattended at the airports, railway stations, taxi stands and bus stands.
12.Avoid using short cuts, narrow alleys or poorly lit streets. Always try to travel in company of others.
13.Try to carry proper medications, mosquito ointments and drink only bottled mineral water to refrain various water-borne diseases and don’t intake spicy foods while vacationing in India.
Find More Travel Tips Articles
You have to know as much about the place you are planning places to visit in India,asia,europe,and anyehere as possible
If you want to have a great vacation, it is suggested to carefully think about the place you want to go. Before you make your final decision, you have to look for some advice as well as try to know more about the place of your destination including the information about how to get there, the average costs, the places you want to visit and many others things. Here the principle is very simple one – the more details you know the superior for you.
Do not forget about your travel insurance
it is much superior to take appropriate travel insurance into consideration, especially if you are planning to take a part in adventure activities.
You need travel insurance in case you get injured. If you do not have travel insurance, then in case of misfortune befalls you, you could suffer both economically and physically.
Pay the needed attention to your visa
Even if your visa does not guarantee entry, it is vital that you check to see if you require one for the country you are planning to travel to.
It is a good intent to make duplicates of all your credentials
In the case of some losses, you would superior to make several duplicates of all the needed papers including your insurance policy, your visa passport details, credit card numbers and any other papers. It is a good intent to carry one copy in a separate place to all the originals and one copy you have to leave with someone at home.
Safe drinks and eats
While you are abroad, it is suggested to mind all your p’s and q’s, especially you have to be careful about what you are eating.
Think about your safety
It is quite simple to let your guard down while traveling.
While vacationing you are more relaxed and there are a lot of new sights to focus on. But, you have to remember that there is nothing more important than your safety. And thus, you have to watch out for your country all the time.
Today our world is the world of important affairs. Often job takes almost the biggest part of our time. But it can't last forever! If you are bored with everything, then it is the proper time to dream of boracay.
bear in mind that our world is the world of modern World wide web technologies. It wouldn’t be smart not to avail oneself of the online network to find the ideal world,Goa resort on the ideal terms acquirable on the market. Then take advantage of Google and other search engines and search for boracay, visit social networks, look through related blogs and forums – all this will assist you to take a balanced decision.
Find More Travel Tips Articles
Big city travel has never been more alarming for individuals not used to city travel and unfamiliar with the city in question. It can be daunting traveling to a new destination, but apprehension is more likely to rise to the surface when you look at just how many crimes take place these days. Couple that with the alarming huge city travel stories that have been publicized on the World wide web and it is tiny wonder that individuals debate as to whether they really want to experience certain cities for themselves!
However, huge city travel tips can easily help to place the minds of potential travelers at rest. There are several things that anyone can do to keep themselves innocuous in the huge cities and thus can visit them, see the sights and enjoy some well-earned time away from the stresses and strains of modern life with tiny hassle. Simply follow the huge city travel tips below and you can't go far wrong!
Luggage – Only take what you need when you travel and make sure that you have a list of the belongings in your bag. This huge city travel tip can save you time if your luggage does get stolen, but will also enable you to find what you need in an emergency. You should never leave your luggage unattended for even a second while traveling in a city. It will most likely either be stolen or tampered with if left unattended for a few seconds so ensure that it remains within your sight and possession at all times.
2. Money – Only take one or two credit cards with you on your huge city travel trip and ensure that the PIN numbers, if you have them, are not in your possession. Also, when taking money with you, split it up. Divide the cash between pockets in your luggage and areas on your person.
For example, keep some of it in your socks, some in a pocket, some in a money belt under your clothing and so on. That way, if anything does happen to you, you will at least have enough money to get back to your hotel. If you are going to a city abroad then take travelers checks with you because they are insured. If you lose them then you can cancel the originals and receive replacements usually within 24 hours.
3. Schedule – Vary your schedule from day to day when undertaking huge city travel. This might not seem like a huge deal to couples and families that are set in their ways, but individuals looking to make a swift buck one way or another undoubtedly target some tourists. If you vary your schedule then it will be nearly impossible to predict where you are going to be at any given time and this can keep you safe.
4. Clothing – Never wear anything that projects wealth or affluence when undertaking huge city travel. This includes jewelry, clothing and any accessories that might point to the fact that you would be a great target for a mugging or robbery. Most tourists wear normal and relatively cheap clothes that blend into the background, and anybody flaunting that guideline is putting him or herself at risk.
5. Family – If you and your family split up during huge city travel time, make sure that you have a way to get in touch with apiece other, have arranged a set meeting place and time, and are absolutely clear on all of these points so that you will be alerted to the fact that anything is wrong straight away. Wherever doable in huge city travel, individuals traveling together should stay together. However, the need does sometimes arise. If it does, make sure that you all have the address of the hotel and a map of the city with you at all times.
6. Scams – There are always individuals looking to scam people that are strangers to an area, and during the course of huge city travels there are many of them about. Only ask trusted sources for directions and advice, never follow the guidance of strangers unless they are affiliated with official bodies and only purchase merchandise from official stores. These guidelines might sound like common sense, but many people flaunt them and this can get them into difficulties!
Find More Travel Tips Articles
From terrorist attacks to plane crashes and other accidents, everyone wants to know how to make their airline travel time safer. If you follow the below mentioned airline country tips, they might just save your life:
Choose a Non-Stop Flight
The majority of airplane related accidents take place when the plane is taking off, landing or descending. So do your ideal to select a flight that is non-stop to your destination. By flying continuously, your chances of an incident will plummet.
Select Larger Aircraft
Quite simply, larger aircraft are safer than smaller aircraft. Larger aircraft have more stringent country guidelines and maintenance schedules, so this lessens the chance of experiencing problems.
Do your ideal to pay attention to the preflight briefing prefabricated by the flight attendants. The presentation might be similar to other presentations on other flights you might have been on, but be careful to pay attention to where the emergency exits are, since each plane has its own design and therefore has a different emergency exit.
So it is crucial for you to pay attention to these briefings and not treat them as an inconvenience.
Avoid Loading Up the Overhead Storage
When a plane experiences turbulence, the overhead storage bins might not be strong enough to hold all the heavy items that passengers tend to stuff in them. These heavy items might come spilling out on tops of heads and blocking the aisles. Try not to overstuff the overhead bins with heavy items.
Fasten Your Seatbelts
Although it is obvious, some people don’t think about seatbelts to be important and might take them off during crucial times like takeoff or descent. Always keep your seatbelts fastened whenever you are in your seat.
Don’t Bring Any Hazardous Objects
Be sure to take the time to read about whatever objects are restricted from being taken on planes. Any items that are on the list of restricted items should not be taken with you, instead make sure to mail them.
Alcohol has a stronger effect on people while in the air than when they are at sea level. It is important to refrain drinking if possible. People who drink can cause disturbances to the flight and create chaos in the cabin, if out of control.
Stay Alert and Don’t Panic
If a situation arises, like turbulence or a doable emergency landing, or worse, take care to follow the instructions of your flight attendants and you will have the ideal possibility of survival in a tough situation.
Related Travel Tips Articles
The number of accidents increases during pass time. This is due to more traffic being on the roads and more vacationers like riding a automobile going to their destinations. In 2007, over half a million accidents with about 123,000 casualties occurred during the main pass months. Further study has shown that vacationers are once again using the automobile more frequently as means of transportation. Whereas only 29% of those traveling in 1993 went by car, in 2007 it increases drastically to 45%. In particular families with kids are turning to the automobile according to the study – roughly 47% of them will be driving. Automobile tourism is enjoying a revival as a symbol of spontaneous and individual traveling that is reasonably priced and ensures freedom of movement.
But before going to pass by car, please take a look of these country precautions that might help you cope-up and make your pass a safer one. Before starting off on vacation, pay attention to your health. Any individual will encounter a one hundred to zero due to extreme stress. But pay close attention to your automobile as well. The increased weight and the shift in the center of gravity of a fully-packed automobile change the steering and handling performance as well as the braking reactions. Whoever does not adapt their driving style accordingly can swiftly lose control of the automobile in precarious situations. Unfamiliar stretches represent an additional risk, especially if the driver’s concentration wavers. Make sure to take breaks regularly – about once each two hours.
That is why it is important to inspect the automobile before departing on vacation. It’s vital that you adjust tire pressures to comply with automobile manufacturer suggestions before setting off, since insufficient inflation pressure means faster tire wear, higher fuel consumption, and longer braking distances. People who check their tire pressure regularly are doing themselves and the environment a favor. Before the journey starts, it is important that the tires are also inspected for signs of damage, and to ensure that they have adequate tread depth. If alteration is detected, or even merely suspected, a tire specialist should in any case be consulted for advice. Summer tires should be renewed once the tread depth has worn down to three millimeters. If the tires have less tread than that, they should be replaced to be on the innocuous side. Brake fluid should also be checked prior to starting the vacation. As far as the depth of tread is concerned, if the fluid level has dropped considerably, one should definitely inquire at the auto repair shop about doable causes. Garages wage assistance with the pre-vacation check. They inspect the tires, brake system and chassis, and cure any faults in good time beforehand. A fully loaded automobile also poses a risk. This leads to changes in the center of gravity and automobile handling. Make sure you distribute your luggage evenly so that nothing can fly about in the automobile if you crash or need to brake sharply. In a situation like that, unsecured items can swiftly turn into deathly missiles. What’s more, exceeding the maximum total weight specified by the automobile manufacturer could result in a fine and penalty points.
Four more important pass tips:
As already mentioned, the tread of your summer tires should have a depth of at least 3 millimeter.
In the case of tire failure, you should have a mobility kit. With a mixture of air and sealant, the breakdown set restores mobility swiftly and easily, so you can continue driving to the workshop or a innocuous parking space.
And, as a final tip from the experts: “Do not hit the road in a say of after-work stress. Make sure you are fresh and rested, as this makes things safer for you and for other road users.”
High Pollen count can affect driving concentration. When the temperature is up, the pollen count is frequently also up. One plant or another is always in bloom, exacerbating allergies. For many sufferers it’s a matter of choosing between sneezing attacks and runny eyes, or prescription drugs that tend to bring on drowsiness. Any of these has the effect of reducing one’s concentration – and that can be very hazardous when driving. Allergic persons exhibit a 30% higher risk of getting involved in an accident. Drugs that don’t cause drowsiness should be opted for wherever possible, provided they do not conflict with what the individualized doctor has recommended.
Here a list of tips:
Avoid getting behind the wheel in the event of severe allergic reactions, or at least pull over whenever a violent attack occurs.
Keep the windows and the sliding roof shut when driving to reduce the pollen count in the automobile .Turn off the ventilation; but don’t switch to recirculation mode for a long time as this will steam up the windows.
Install a pollen filter or, even better, a combi filter, which also keeps exhaust out of the passenger compartment in addition to pollen, soot and dust.
Replace the filter at regular intervals (once a year).
Wear sunglasses to relieve eye exertion.
Set the air conditioner to ‘cool’ as this relieves the symptoms.
After exploring all the amenities and entertainment while on board a cruise ship, we might have some concerns regarding our country during our cruise vacation. Rest assured however, that the cruise industry undertakes all precautionary measures to ensure that their passengers are not only entertained but are innocuous as well while on a cruise vacation.
The cruise industry maintains that the cruise pass is a safer form of recreation if comparisons will be based on FBI statistics regarding untoward incidents in vacations taken via land travel. Cruise ship authorities are mandated to take all reports of crime or any form of injury from assault or attack against a mortal while on board a cruise ship, seriously. In addition, they are required to report any incidents to the proper authorities and wage full cooperation and support in its investigation. Nevertheless, certain measures are undertaken to ensure country and security in a cruise vacation.
Precautionary Measures Taken by the Cruise Ship to Ensure a Safe Cruise Vacation
1. All luggage, hand carried items and other viands that board the cruise pass ship are screened through X-ray machines, metal detectors, human searches and dog sniffers.
2. Passengers are no longer granted to disembark once they have passed through security and about to set sail.
The cruise ship will be accessible only to documented and authorized ship organisation and cruise pass paying passengers. Hence passengers should make sure not to lose their ship issued finding cards containing their digital pic and individualized information. It is a piece of attractable strip that the passenger will have to present during disembarkation and re-embarkation in ports of call in cruise pass tours. Using it to log whether you’re embarking disembarking will grant the cruise ship to monitor those who are on board and those who are still on shore.
3. Each cruise ship has a security officer and staff who are strictly assigned to ensure cruise ship security and country for the benefit of both passengers and crews. The cruise ship’s security corps is manned by former law enforcement agents or military organisation trained with skills that meet international standards.
4. All foreign crew members regardless of nationality have undergone thorough background checking as part of their application process in securing working visas. This is on top of the pre-screening process that the employees have to pass.
5. The cruise line authorities and crew coordinate and cooperate with all international, federal and say investigative agencies for any crimes committed or being pursued on board cruise ships. The Federal Agency of Investigation will then contract all reports of crime committed against any US citizen while on board a cruise pass ship.
6. Coast guards assigned to patrol waters within their jurisdictions will be granted to board and conduct inspections to enforce any action that might endanger or imperil the country of all the passengers of the ship, including its crew.
In fact it is the US Coast Guards who have conducted a study and came up with the conclusion that cruise ships are one of the safest means of traveling for a holiday vacation.
Safety during On-shore Cruise Vacation
During the past two months, there were about 30 cruise pass tourists who were robbed at gunpoint while on Nassau shore cruise excursion. In one incident, 18 passengers in a single day were involved in robberies held at gun point that took place at this port of call. Eleven of the incidents were held at Nassau’s Queen’s Staircase attraction also at gunpoint. Even though nobody was injured in any of these incidents, the experience was unnerving.
These matters were handled by Nassau police authorities but are beyond the control of the cruise ship authorities. Due to theses incidents, the only course of action the cruise liner whose cruise pass passengers were affected no longer include Nassau in their itineraries as port of call.
For more useful information, please visit our website: THE KNOWLEDGE BASE, and look for the TRAVEL section.
Vote for me for the MTV Motion picture Awards Contest! bit.ly **you can vote once per day until April 29th! My friends and I had a total blast down in Miami for the FIU Yule Ball — but I hope you don’t mind this leisurely beach pass video about our trip. People featured in this video: www.twitter.com www.youtube.com www.youtube.com www.youtube.com Second channel: www.youtube.com My blog: www.italktosnakes.blogspot.com My twitter www.twitter.com Facebook fanpage: www.facebook.com My Tumblr: www.italktosnakes.tumblr.com My band ALL CAPS www.allcapsband.com http www.youtube.com
Video Rating: 4 / 5
Related Vacation Articles
Cruise vacations are like going to fantasy adventures, where you will stay inside a cruise ship for days, away from the proverbial maddening crowd. The cruise ship will wage you with each imaginable entertainment to help you while away your hours on your way to exotic far-off lands. However, we often get carried away by holiday high-spirits that we tend to throw caution to the wind. Sometimes we forget matters of individualized country particularly among the younger generations who seem to enjoy all the freedom they can have while on cruise vacations.
We must keep in mind that cruise ship operators are responsible only for any mishaps that might arise from laxity on the part of the crew and the cruise company. Untoward incidents during cruise vacations that stem from any individual’s carelessness or misbehavior or out of disregard for cruise ship rules are their own lookout aside from the possibility of being penalized or sanctioned.
When planning for cruise vacations, there are certain country measures you should also be aware of to refrain any untoward incidents from wetting your trip. Here are some country tips to consider:
1. Keep in mind that you will be confined in an enclosed sea vessel with all sorts of people while on cruise vacations. The first thing that you should give attention to is individualized hygiene. Easy things such as washing your hand before and after eating, in using the latrine, in socializing, in using and touching video game pads and all other activities that will get you in close contact with different people you do not personally know. If you will be bringing kids along with you, this is something you should instill in them before taking cruise vacations.
2. Another thing you should do in preparation for your cruise vacations is to store emergency telephone numbers or email addresses of your consul or embassy or FBI offices in countries where you’re planning to go.
3. Avoid bringing valuables like jewelry and other electronic gadgets when off for cruise vacations. Settle for faux or costume jewelries for your dressing up instead of bringing the “real McCoy.” Except for cell phones and cameras, you might not find any use for other costly electronic gadgets since cruise vacations ships have a lot to offer for your entertainment. Just the same use the country box for any valuables you have to leave behind in your stateroom.
4. Find out anything peculiar or about any critical areas regarding the place or island your cruise vacations are going to. You might discover before hand that there is an exceptionally high crime rate or other forms of threat lurking in some of your destinations. This way you can also caution your kids from straying or separating from cruise vacations tour groups.
5. Mind what the crew is trying to instruct you during demonstrations at the onset of the cruise vacations, particularly the country measures. These are courses of actions that will prepare you for emergency situations.
6. Always use the hand rails or at least keep close to them if your surroundings have rail provisions. Remember the rails were designed for country which was determined to be a precautionary solution during ship building and testing processes. Keep both feet steadily planted on the ground while on board the moving cruise ship. Avoid promenading on the ship’s deck if you are already intoxicated. If you’re feeling nauseous and want to get some breath of fresh ocean air, make it a point to bring somebody along with you.
7. The old rule of not speaking to stranger still applies particularly for children. The cruise ship is a massive vessel and so is the ocean where any one can swiftly disappear without a trace. Making friends while on cruise vacations is one thing but getting too comfortable with someone you hardly know is a huge no-no. Even when on land, we think about checking the backgrounds of people we entrust our kids to especially if they have no referrals.
8. While on cruise vacations, don’t be paranoid but don’t be unmindful either if you see a passenger in possession of something that can place the whole ship in danger. Drugs and firearms are clearly prohibited; hence, if you see some passengers in clear violation of these restrictions, it would be ideal for you to report them to the cruise ships’ security office discreetly.
9. If you’re going to explore the shore on your own, don’t attract attention to yourself as a passenger of the cruise ship or for that matter look like a tourist. Try to learn some of the local phrases used when planning your cruise vacations. This way you will be a less likely candidate by locals who are on the lookout for preys they can con or swindle.
These country tips are true whether you travel by land, sea or air but with more emphasis for air travels and cruise vacations because you’re in high seas and 911 isn’t just a phone call away.
For more useful information, please visit our website: THE KNOWLEDGE BASE, and look for the TRAVEL section.